Monday, August 28th, 2006
Good Stock makes custom heirloom books about family. With an increase in press and sales expected around motherâ€™s day, itâ€™s time to automate our bookmaking process.
The application will gather family information and generate a formatted pdf to our fulfillment center. The interface must be easy and intuitive; our customers are busy moms and barely online grandmas. Weâ€™ve designed the pages using AJAX to make the experience seamless, natural, and (dare we say) fun.
– Clear project slate. We need a full-time commitment on this project for 4-6 weeks. Please donâ€™t overbook; it wonâ€™t do either of us any good.
– Daily progress reports and ability to meet deliverables. If you tend to go underground while working on a project, our styles wonâ€™t mesh.
– Ability to make application work within existing site and Yahoo! web hosting environment using PHP 4 and MySQL4.
– 3+ years of PHP/MySQL development experience.
– Strong PHP4 Object Oriented Programming skills.
– Experience with PEAR libraries *required*.
– Experience with image and PDF generation with PHP *required*. GD2 and FPDF used in this project.
– Best-practice coding style; be prepared to document code with phpDocumentor.
– Open Source contributor/Zend Certified Engineer preferred.
Weâ€™re looking for someone whoâ€™s been there, done this, and can do it again without hesitationâ€¦ideally for our next project, too. But if youâ€™re looking to â€œstretchâ€ your skills to meet these requirements please do not respond. We simply cannot afford to support a learning curve with this project.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, code sample and Feb-May project availability to email@example.com.
Thanks for your interest.
Posted by Ben Galbraith at 8:09 am