Wednesday, February 14th, 2007
Christos Constandinou wanted to take YUI Grids and make something that was easy to use and would work with anal designers who want to achieve pixel perfect layouts.
He came up with ___layouts:
The foundational ___layouts file offers five preset page widths, the option to have a fixed width or a text “zoom” style scaling effect and two core templates which give you the ability to nest subdivided regions of one to four columns.
- Supports fluid-width (100%) layouts.
- Supports preset fixed-width layouts at:
- Supports easy customization of the width for fixed-width layouts.
- Option to make layout flexible in response to user initiated font-size adjustments
- Self-clearing sections. No matter which column is longer, each
div.sectionwill clear correctly.
- Option to center within the viewport pages less than 100%.
- Supports easy to over-write CSS classes for people who require “pixel perfect” layouts
- font.css based on YUI fonts.css though changed slightly to rid you of having to look up calculations for different font-sizes (so now: 1em = 10px, 1.3em = 13px, etc…).
A builder application (FF only) gives a designer view on the layout.
Posted by Dion Almaer at 7:47 am