Tuesday, November 4th, 2008
Nater Kane wrote in to share his experience creating one of those “scrollable” components:
Nater took the existing
jquery.scrollable.js plug-in by Tero Piirainen and enhanced it in the following ways:
1. make those items scrollable horizotally or vertically
2. decide how many items are visible at once
3. scroll elements with mouse, arrow keys and mousewheel (requires mousewheel.js)
4. make navigational buttons without programming
5. have programmatic actions: next, prev, nextPage, prevPage, seekTo, begin, end
6. need to know when list is scrolled with custom event listener
7. You can now start with semantic markup
8. I want this all in single js file that weights only 3.9 4.1 Kb minified!
Check out Nate’s blog for more details, including the source.
Posted by Ben Galbraith at 8:00 am