Wednesday, January 7th, 2009p>
Sébastein Gruhier has released a new address component that integrated a map with the address that you are filling. The UX is interesting as when you first get typing it doesn’t really narrow down the address so you are seeing maps of bizarre places.
As well as a basic version, you can also tie in auto complete.
- Mapping system independent. The current implementation is based on Google Map using a Google Map proxy object.
- Interactive map display location while you arex typing an address.
- Center map on user location (based on its IP) if mapping system allows it.
- Fully customizable.
- Fully documented with pdoc.
- Works on Safari, Firefox, IE 6/7, Chrome and Opera.