Thursday, December 27th, 2007
Ajatus is a new distributed CRM that “runs as a local Ajax web application on your own computer. It uses the CouchDb object database for data storage and enjoys a wide range of plug-in and replication possibilities.”
The Ajax side of the house uses jQuery for fun and profit.
It is a lot of fun to see people get excited and creative around CouchDb, which recently had the first major release featuring:
- a REST API using JSON instead of XML for data transport,
- a GNU Autotools build system supporting most POSIX systems (Noah Slater) ,
- a built-in administration interface (Christopher Lenz),
- experimental fulltext search with Lucene (Jan Lehnardt) and
- countless tweeks, enhancements and other small refinements.
Posted by Dion Almaer at 9:02 am