Thursday, May 17th, 2007
MySpace and Facebook have racked up valuations north of $1 billion by targeting young underemployed singles, but no one yet owns the arguably more lucrative market for mothers clubs, book clubs, scout troops, local alumni chapters, and other organized groups that draw millions of adults to interact with each other online every day. Grouply provides online communities for grownups. Weâ€™re looking for an experienced front-end developer who wants to be part of the excitement!
Grouply has been under development for almost a year, and we recently released a successful â€œprivate betaâ€. We recently completed an angel/seed round of funding, and we are in the final stages of preparing for our public launch. The current team boasts a strong record of achievement, including senior positions at some of Silicon Valleyâ€™s most successful software companies; and degrees from Harvard Business School and top engineering schools such as Caltech, Cornell, Columbia, Michigan, and Tsinghua University. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a small, fun and ambitious company that is on the verge of great success!
In addition to the invaluable experience youâ€™ll gain and the pride that comes with being part of something great, youâ€™ll also receive cash compensation and an equity stake in the company.
- Design and develop a highly interactive Grouply user interface and user interaction model.
- Enhance the user interface with AJAX and other features to make it more interactive and dynamic yet natural, simple, and usable.
- Work with product management to visualize, design, and implement new features.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- Helped develop a large-scale social networking or community site like MySpace, Facebook, Bebo, Orkut, or Friendster.
- Experience with Ajax-related technologies such as JSON, XML, XSLT, and Comet.
- Experience with desktop GUI toolkits such as MFC, Cocoa, and GTK is a plus.
- Experience with graphics and multimedia authoring applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and/or GIMP.
- Knowledge of W3C and IETF standards.
- Knowledge of human-computer interaction and UI-design principles.
- Strong interest in building and participating in open source communities.
- Artistic sense to develop high-quality, visually appealing web designs and templates.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and deliver production-grade product on time.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
We are very interested in seeing your previous work, examples, and experiments.
We are located in Redwood City, CA. Send your resume or a description of your qualifications to email@example.com.
Posted by Dion Almaer at 10:50 pm