Thursday, May 17th, 2007
We have discussed the Google AJAX Feed API when it launched. It offers Ajax developers the ability to access any public feed through a unified API, bypassing any domain issues in a secure way.
The team has started to build useful widgets on top of their own API, and show you just the beginnings of what is possible.
Slide Show Control
You can add a slideshow as a one liner:
- var ss = new GFslideShow(feedurl, "slideshow-div", options);
and can tweak various attributes via the options (e.g. transition times, controller feel, thumbnails, and more).
FeedControl / Blog Roll
The AJAX Feed API FeedControl widget allows you to add a blog roll by setting up your feeds:
- var feedControl = new google.feeds.FeedControl();
- feedControl.addFeed("http://www.digg.com/rss/index.xml", "Digg");
- feedControl.addFeed("http://feeds.feedburner.com/Techcrunch", "TechCrunch");
- feedControl.addFeed("http://ajaxian.com/index.xml", "Ajaxian");
You can see these in action on the AJAX Feed API Playground blog.
Posted by Dion Almaer at 11:38 am