Tuesday, November 8th, 2005p>Michael Mahemoff is a busy man on the patterns side of Ajax, and even ended up with the typical Ajax example: an ajax patterns reader!
The reader grabs the AjaxPatterns.org content and presents them Ajax-style. You actually queue up patterns in a playlist and click “Next” to “play” them. Yeah, a bit contrived, but it helped illustrate quite a few patterns! If I have time, I’d like to enhance it into a proper reader, and also offer an easy interface to leave feedback, which would be automatically appended to the wiki’s Discussion tab for that pattern.
- DOM Inspection Use a DOM Inspection Tool to explore the dynamic DOM state.
- Traffic Sniffing Diagnose problems by sniffing Web Remoting traffic.
- Simulation Service Develop the browser application against “fake” web services that simulate the actual services used in production.
- Service Test Build up automated tests of web services, using HTTP clients to interact with the server as the browser normally would.
- System Test Build automated tests to simulate user behaviour and verify the results.
Posted by Dion Almaer at 9:11 am