Thursday, May 15th, 2008
Eric Miraglia has posted a great tutorial on how to build your first YUI application. He runs you through the steps of creating a simple application that leverages YUI‘s AutoComplete Control to create a site-search form powered by the Yahoo!’s Search web service.
The tutorial is a great walkthrough of both how to build the application and also leverage YUI’s extensive documentation. It also touches on some great points such as:
- How to configure a YUI implementation and put YUI on the page
- How to set up the markup for a progressively-enhanced YUI widget
- How to instantiate and configure a YUI widget
- How to subscribe to and make use of the “custom evens” provided by a YUI widget
- And how to override default behavior to get a bespoke implementation that maps to our requirements.
Posted by Rey Bango at 6:36 am