Friday, June 24th, 2005p>Garrison Locke has updated his Ajaxian spell checker with a 2.2 release.
A few of the major updates to the spell checker are:
- Added a Beta wrapper for aspell so you don’t have to have pspell installed.
- Added a preview mode (with image support) so you can see it even if you don’t have misspellings.
- Won’t interfere with other code that uses onClick.
- Added fix for the magic quotes problem (more server compatibility).
- Results and suggestion divs are now dynamically generated so you can have multiple spell checkers on the same page.
- You no longer have to include spell_checker.php on every page if you dont’ want to.
- Code will strip out code between html tags so that people can’t abuse the html feature.
- Text box no longer flashes the updates after you hit resume text.
- Various other bug fixes. See the change log for the whole list.
Nice work Garrison!