Friday, October 6th, 2006
Are you obsessed that each and every pixel in a user interface be exactly where it should be? Does hearing someone say “that can’t be done in HTML” get your competitive juices flowing? Do you find creative solutions where none can be found? If you’re an experienced Web engineer that has been building complex, dynamic user interfaces that not only look beautiful but perform, and scale for millions of users you’ve met your match.
Apple’s .Mac User Interface Engineering team develops web applications for a host of services; such as mail, address book, groups, photo synching, and many more in progress. Our applications incorporate the latest AJAX code with WebObjects for building dynamic, data driven applications. We tackle complex and fun problems every day. The team is agile, enthusiastic, and smiles confidently at tight timelines.
To be succesful you need:
*To be an expert in HTML and related technologies
*Experienced in high volume and mission critical service environments
*Possess excellent creativity
*Have burning sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
*Enjoy small, close knit, high performance teams.
* BA/BS in Computer Science, MS or PhD is preferred.
* 5+ years developing web-based interfaces used in high volume and availability deployments
* Fluency in HTML, DHTML, CSS and AJAX
* Fluency in one or more of: C, C++, Objective C, Cocoa, Java.
* Solid working knowledge of OSX platform and Apple software suite.
* Strong analytical abilities.
* Fluent written communication and verbal agility
* Understanding of cross-browser issues and how to solve them
* Experience with source code control tools
* Strong knowledge of application server technology and front-end code integration
* Online portfolio or running code samples
* Experienced with localization
* Experience with WebObjects a plus
To apply for the position, Click Here.
Posted by Ben Galbraith at 1:48 pm