Tuesday, March 14th, 2006
Ben and I discuss the recent news, grab the IE team to ask them about IE 7, and get Jamis Buck of 37 Signals to talk about scalability of Campfire.
What we cover on the podcast
- Happy Birthday Ajax: Leapfrogging from the tech community to the business world
- Comet: A new approach to Ajax applications(Slides)
- Laszlo Ajax Runtime
- Adobe Announces a Flex/Ajax Bridge
- Google Calendar: CL2
- IntelliJ IDEA Ajax Screencast
- Yahoo! Libraries
- Forget addEvent, use Yahoo!’s Event Utility
- Prototype gets some serious syntactic sugar
- Prototype Cheat Sheets
- TurboWidgets and TurboDbAdmin
- DWR 11 Released
- Clipmarks: Ajax Image Clipping
- 17 minutes with Bill Gates
Future of Web Browsers
Question to the IE team: “What have you been doing, and why have you made us wait for so long for a new release?”
Question from the community
In this episode we answered a question emailed in by Mitchell: “How scalable are these ajax based chat applications like Campfire?”.
We cornered Jamis Buck of 37 Signals, to get the answer from the horses mouth!
The Ajax Experience
We announced a new track at the conference to keep up with demand. Please join the community for our first developer focus event in May at The Ajax Experience.
Please email podcast [at] ajaxian.com with any feedback and especially if you have anything that you want us to chat about in future ‘casts!
Posted by Dion Almaer at 8:59 am