Tuesday, November 22nd, 2005
In our eigth show, we discuss the state of ajax for the week November 14th. This includes discusing new framework news for Script.aculo.us and MochiKit, gotchas with the XHR object, the place for modal dialogs on the web, the W3C working groups, Ajax on the mobile, and much more.
- Script.aculo.us adds features, and runs even better in the browser. Gone are the flickers.
- MochiKit explains itself with screencasts
- Watch out for gotchas with XHR
- What is the place for modal dialogs on the web?
- W3C gets back in the game with new Working Groups. What’s going to come of it?
- How is Ajax going to be primarily used? Heavy on the client side talking to Web services? Or just a thin layer on top of current web frameworks
- Measure Map vs. Google Analytics? Watching the usability guys get into product, mixing Ajax with Flash.
- Google Ajax Mobile? No. Opera Ajax Mobile? Yes.
- Render your web application in all of these platforms… if you can wait a few hours
- Presentation in Ajax with Ajax-S. Do we need the authoring tool?
Thanks to Contegix, our new hosting provider and sponsor of the podcast. If you need a hosting provider who cares, and will find problems on your sites before you do, ask us about Contegix.
Posted by Dion Almaer at 11:09 am