Thursday, June 22nd, 2006
Cheng Guangnan reports on a potential issue with the autocompletion/suggestion support offered by both Yahoo UI and Scriptaculous libraries. The problem involves parallel calls – there’s the potential for an initial list of suggestions to be displayed after a subequent list. His screencasts show what’s going on.
1. â€œ2006â€ is typed.
2. A request of â€œ2006â€ sent to the server.
3. User continues typing and now â€œ200607â€ typed.
4. Another request of â€œ200607â€ sent to the server.
5. User waiting for feedback.
6. The second request return, it show the popup.
7. The first request return, it show the popup with data returned for â€œ2006â€.
If that’s the case (and we haven’t verified it!), the problem could be solved by some form of Call Tracking. If the first call comes back after the second, simply discard it.
Posted by Michael Mahemoff at 5:26 am