Friday, April 3rd, 2009
Awesomium lets you embed Chromium/WebKit into 3d worlds and games. Check out the video above and half fun looking at the transparent search results and the shadows from the content on the grass.
What could it be used for?
- Powering an in-game GUI using HTML/JS/CSS
- Rendering a live web-page to a 3D object and interacting with it
- As a framework for an advanced, 3D web-browser
- As an offscreen renderer for snapshots of web-pages
- For the implementation of in-game advertisting.
Posted by Dion Almaer at 3:33 am