Monday, September 14th, 2009
Lindsey Simon says it best:
Browserscope is an open-source project for profiling web browsers and storing and aggregating crowd-sourced data about browser performance.
The goals are to foster innovation by tracking browser functionality and to be a resource for web developers.
Browserscope is based on Steve Souders’ UA Profiler, and his original tests have been preserved here as the Network test category. Other test categories include Ian Hickson’s Acid3 test (ported by Jacob Moon into Browserscope), Annie Sullivan’s Rich Text Edit Mode tests, and John Resig’s Selectors API Test Suite (ported by Lindsey Simon into Browserscope).
This one more evolution, and more is to come:
- Visualize test result trends over time
- Wall of fame, up-and-comers, Billboard top 50
- More test categories – cookies, security, reflow
- More contributors
- Tagged/personalized test results
- Normalize time-based results across platforms
- User agent parsing library
The guys are on hand to announce BrowserScope at The Ajax Experience this week!
Posted by Dion Almaer at 5:07 am