Wednesday, December 13th, 2006
Alexei White has written a post on Building a Fish Eye Menu in which he goes over iterations of his development of a fish eye component.
- Iteration 1 – Proximity Detection and Scaling
- Iteration 2 – X-Axis â€œZoomingâ€
- Iteration 3 – Alignments Left, Right, and Center
- Iteration 4 – Labels and Menu Item Activation (Bouncing)
- Iteration 5 – Container Object and Y-axis Zooming
Are people into less conventional UI components like Fisheye, or are they strictly eye-candy with no practical role in enterprise software?
I know there are still things that Fisheye can use in the way of functionality. It would be nice, for example, to have vertical orientations for the menus, and also to be able to attach traditional drop-down menus to each element. I would also like to see context menus and groupings.
Posted by Dion Almaer at 6:53 am