Wednesday, March 8th, 2006>p>Alex Russell has posted slides for his ETech presentation on Comet. Comet (which we mentioned the other day) is Alex’s new term for push-style server-to-browser communication.
The presentation motivates Comet largely in terms of social and multi-user concerns, before moving onto the nuts and bolts.
- Ajax is me driven … Social apps are also driven by others
- To any user, the server is other users.
- If the web is a conversation … then stale context kills.
- Today’s web servers won’t cut it
Check out the slides for Alex’s practical advice on implementing Comet. We can only hope the talk will find its way on an ETech podcast feed!
- Alex has also posted slides for his ETech Ajax presentation.
- I recently put up a podcast on Comet and the push-poll trade-offs
Posted by Michael Mahemoff at 3:35 pm