Tuesday, February 17th, 2009>h3>JSConf 2009
- Stoyan Stefanov of the YUI team
- Francisco Tolmasky, co-founder of 280 North and the creator of the Objective-J programming language
- John Resig, creator of the jQuery framework
- Chris Anderson, CouchDB committer and co-author of CouchDB: The Definitive Guide
The conference will be held in Washington, DC on April 24th & 25th and is shaping up to be a great event.
Contest: Win a Free Pass to SXSW
To celebrate ThemeRoller’s selection as a finalist for the SXSW Web Award for Technical Achievement, the Filament Group is holding a contest to give away one free pass to the SXSW Interactive Festival to the person who creates the coolest use of the new jQuery UI CSS framework.
- Everyone is eligible, no exceptions.
- You may submit any type of project that uses the jQuery UI CSS framework: public sites, demo pages or anything else that shows off your creativity and is publicly accessible (read: not behind a login).
- You may enter as many unique projects as you wish; each will count as a separate entry. (Please don’t post the same one over and over…that may count against you).
- The entry deadline is Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at midnight.
- The contest winner will be announced on Friday, February 27, 2009.
- The winner will receive a single pass to the SXSW Interactive Festival, which includes admission to the SXSW Web Awards ceremony on Sunday, March 15. We will email you an access code that will allow you to register for free. (NOTE: the pass does not provide entry to the Film or Music festivals, nor does it include transportation, room/board, or meals — you’ll need to cover those yourself.)
- jQuery UI and Filament Group Inc. reserve the right to link to your project (we want to promote your hard work).
For full details of the contest, via the Filament Group’s contest page.
Posted by Rey Bango at 12:27 am