Friday, March 28th, 2008p>The Dojo team has released version 1.1 which includes from over 800 improvements:
- An easy to use and significantly improved Dojo API Viewer with some seriously great features, including the ability to easily find the original definition of a method that is â€œmixed-inâ€
- A growing collection of demos, tutorials, and articles
- A new BorderContainer Dijit, which is a much better way to handle layout-based widgets than SplitContainer and LayoutContainer
- Significant performance improvements to dojo.query and dojo.fx
- Support for Adobe AIR and Jaxer, and updated dojox.flash and dojox.offline APIs
- Major improvements to Dijit infrastructure and widgets
- All around Dijit theme improvements including the CSS structure for themes, refinements to the Tundra theme, re-introduction of the Soria theme, and the newly added Nihilo theme
- DTL, the Django Template Language, is now available for use in widgets with dojox.dtl
- Vector graphics animations
- Additions to DojoX including an analytics package
- Improvements to Dojo Data and RPC, and support for JSONPath
- Many improvements to the build system including CSS optimization, multiple-versions of the Dojo Toolkit co-existing in the same document, and other great tools for optimizing performance
What is next for Dojo 1.2?
On to 1.2, where the focus will be on continuing to refine Dijit, the Dojo Grid, Dojo Charting, a better approach to DojoX, and much much more.