Friday, April 28th, 2006
Brad Neuberg has written a very thorough article on Offline Access and Permanent, Client-Side Storage, Thanks to Dojo.Storage.
He details his updated dojo.storage work via Moxie, a sample application.
What is dojo.storage?
Future Storage Providers
- Flash Storage Provider – uses Flash’s SharedObjects to persist data
- ActiveX Storage Provider – uses COM’s File APIs to persist data
- XPCOM Storage Provider – uses XPCOM’s File APIs to persist data
- Form Storage Provider – uses the text autosave features of a hidden form to save transient data (the Really Simple History library uses this trick)
- WHAT WG Storage Provider – uses native browser persistence to store data, as defined by the WHAT Working Group.
- IE Storage Provider – uses IE’s proprietary abilities to store up to 60K of data.
Posted by Dion Almaer at 10:09 am