Thursday, January 31st, 2008
DomAPI version 4.5 has a new lower price and a simplified licensing plan.
In a nutshell, there are now 2 license types, ‘Free’ and ‘Pro’. Both types can be used on commercial sites, in any capacity, with no restrictions. The benefits of the pro version include:
- Access to unobfuscated source code
- Access to hourly beta builds
- Permission to alter the source code
- Permission to remove branding and ‘splash’ items
- Permission to bundle the library with applications
If you purchased a DomAPI 4.0 license, you automatically are upgraded to 4.5. If you have a 3.x license, or purchased a 3.x to 4.x upgrade, you will need to obtain a new 4.5 license. DomAPI 4.5 Professional licences are currently priced at only $49 USD.
The latest public release of DomAPI contains all the fixes an additions that have been made to DomAPI v4.0 since its original build nearly 2 years ago. These features were previously only available within the hourly beta builds, but now everyone can benefit from them.
Upgrading from 4.0 to 4.5 should be completely painless — it is meant to be backwards compatible with your existing code.
Some of the major improvements include:
- Complete support for IE7
- Complete support for Firefox 2
- Better memory leak protection in IE6/7
- Plenty of little fixes and performance enhancements
Posted by Dion Almaer at 10:45 am