Monday, April 12th, 2010
As demonstrated few days ago via JScript ES3 Implementation, there is much more to know about every single engine implementation or interpretation and sometimes the only way to understand what is true and respected and what is not, is still features detection and/or tons of conformance tests.
- Execution Contexts, what does “global” mean and how it works
- Variable object, the gotcha behind global and in-scope variables
- This, who is it and how it works
- Scope chain, and the implicit lookups
- Functions, the chapter MS in first place should have better read
- Closures, what exactly are these beasts
- OOP: The general or better, the way we keep comparing JS with non prototypal programming languages
- OOP: ECMAScript or better, the way it really is for JS
- Evaluation strategy and how to deal with the right reference
Thanks again for this effort and following your tweet about:
I can’t wait to read the next ES5 collection!
Posted by webreflection at 6:30 am