Monday, June 12th, 2006
Ben Joldersma has announced release 0.1 of the Emerge Toolkit, an Ajax web framework targeting C# and Dojo. The current release targets C# 2.0 and Dojo 0.2.2, with plans to update to the latest Dojo 0.3 release by July. Browser support includes Firefox, IE, and Opera, with partial Safari support.
- Instantaneous, two way communication between server and browser with Comet transport
- 100% C# 2.0 – Write your application in your favorite CLR-supported language.
- Build application logic with existing widgets (built on Dojo) or roll your own.
- Create interfaces in C# or XML, and style them with CSS.
- Integrated O/R mapper – write your models in C# or XML. Store them in an embedded SQLite database, or soon MySQL or SQL Server
- Prototype applications rapidly with our Scaffold (inspired by Rails) and other data bound widgets
- Present data visually with SVG widgets, with plans to use Dojo’s VML compatibility layer
- Tie everything togther with live data binding services for simultaneous event updates
- GPL and commercial licenses available.
Posted by Rob Sanheim at 1:38 pm