Friday, May 19th, 2006
Peter Nixey has developed a single-page Ajax application that stores nothing on the server side of his application, but rather uses the power of mashup and talks to external web services (Flickr, evdb, Google Maps).
Peter has written up a few articles to explain the application.
- Firstly, he explains the serverless model
- Secondly, the event sites architecture is explained
- Componentising the web
These articles talk about details of the implementation, and how he solved issues such as making XHR cross-domain (in this case with a simple server proxy)
- < ?php
- $remoteURL = $_GET['url'];
- $fp = fopen($remoteURL, 'r');
- header('Content-type: text/xml');
- '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
- <root connection="false">
- Failed to connect
Posted by Dion Almaer at 8:54 am