Friday, April 13th, 2007
John J. Barton has released a new open source framework named Fireclipse that enables nice coupling of Firefox and Eclipse for debugging purposes, working on top of Firebug.
- Fireclipse routes error messages from Firefox’s
- Fireclipse positions an Eclipse editor on the source line reported by Firefox.
- Calls to
dump()end up on the Eclipse console
- Fireclipse adds an Eclipse panel to Firebug
- Extensions to Firebug include:
- debug event handlers
- route error messages to eclipse
- executable line numbers marked
Take a peak at the page of screenshots to see it setup in Firefox and Eclipse.
( via Dean Edwards )
Posted by Dion Almaer at 11:36 am