Monday, November 2nd, 2009
Firefox 3.6 is already on the scene with the first beta release. The Mozilla team is moving faster and faster these days which is fantastic to see.
At the high level:
- Users can now change their browser’s appearance with a single click, with built in support for Personas.
- Firefox 3.6 will alert users about out of date plugins to keep them safe.
- Open, native video can now be displayed full screen, and supports poster frames.
- Support for the WOFF font format.
- Support for new CSS, DOM and HTML5 web technologies.
But there is so much more. There is a ton of CSS work including background-size, gradients, and multiple background images. Video can now have a poster frame, HTTP activity can be monitored, Web Workers can self-terminate with close(), drag and drop supports files via DataTransfer, window.onhashchange.
Posted by Dion Almaer at 6:30 am