Wednesday, November 30th, 2005p>The Pragmatic Programmers recently released a short title in their new Pragmatic Fridays set of short books.
Their latest book is devoted to the Google Maps API, and the Pragmatic Programmers have given the chapter on Ajax for Ajaxian.com members to download for free.
Scott Davis, the author, gets deep into the API, and covers:
- Google Maps
- For Those in a Hurry…. Getting basic Google Map windows
up and running.
- The Excruiciating Details. Core objects, map controls,
user data, evens, AJAX, and documentation.
- Core Objects. The low-level objects that define your
interactions: GMap, GPoint, GSize, and GBounds.
- Map Control Objects. Panning, zooming, map types.
- User Data Objects. Adding your own markers: GMarker,
GIcon, Info Window, and GPolyline.
- Events. Adding interaction to your maps: GEvent,
GBrowserIsCompatible, GMap Events, GMarker Events, Examples.
- AJAX. DHTML and AJAX, GXmlHttp, Geocoder Web Services, Example.
- Where do we go from here?.
Posted by Dion Almaer at 10:46 am