Monday, April 6th, 2009
I have been very impressed with Andrew Sutherland of the Mozilla Messaging team (which is one reason that I have faith that I will dump Gmail for something he and the Messaging team come up with one day ;) and the visualizations that he is playing with are quite cool indeed. Seeing your email in different ways (not just in a table) can open the eyes.
There are some cool examples such as:
- new pv.Panel().width(150).height(150)
- .data([[Math.sin(x / y)
- for (x in pv.range(50))]
- for (y in pv.range(3, 9))])
- .data(function(d) d)
- .bottom(function() let (c = this.cousin())
- c ? (c.bottom + c.height) : 0)
- .height(function(d) (d + 1) * 13)
- .left(function() this.index * 3)
which produces .
Very cool indeed!
Posted by Dion Almaer at 8:29 am