Thursday, December 10th, 2009
The first WebGL specification is here for your holiday leisure reading. The awesome Arun of Mozilla just posted this to the W3C device API group:
- // obtain canvas handle
- var canvas = document.getElementById("canvas");
- gl = canvas.getContext("experimental-webgl");
- // Now do cool stuff
I expect we’ll want to have technical discussions about the Canvas API in general following this release, but for now this is an informative heads-up.
- Review the WebGL draft specification
- Get involved! WebGL Homepage on Khronos
- Read articles and contribute on the WebGL Wiki
- A blog about learning WebGL
- Find 3D recipes in the learning WebGL Cookbook
What do you think of WebGL? This is a good time to get involved as the Kronos group isn’t as open as some would like.
Posted by Dion Almaer at 6:16 pm