Monday, May 3rd, 2010>p>Mark Pilgrim continues to create fantastic content for his Dive Into HTML5 book. His latest is on HTML extensibility.
Some folks tried to get us to use RDFa in XHTML (and try to get us doing it in HTML5 too… :/), and we have had the micro-formats folks take a pragmatic approach.
The new microdata work in HTML5 formalizes some of this, as you can see in this fully marked up ‘person’:
- <section itemscope itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Person">
- <img itemprop="photo" class="me" width="204" height="250"
- alt="[Mark Pilgrim, circa 2000]"/>
- <h1>Contact Information</h1>
- <dd itemprop="name">Mark Pilgrim</dd>
- <dd><span itemprop="title">Developer advocate</span> for
- <span itemprop="affiliation">Google, Inc.</span></dd>
For the history, the present, and the future… give Mark’s post a good read.
Posted by Dion Almaer at 5:16 am