Thursday, October 12th, 2006
Vendors are getting behind GWT too. One example is the new GWT Designer from Instantations:
GWT Designerâ„¢ is a GUI creator that supports GWT. Use GWT Designer’s visual tools and wizards, and Java code will be generated for you. You don’t need to write any lines of Java code, but you can fully edit the resulting Java if you wish.
GWT Designer is derived from the award-winning WindowBuilder Proâ„¢ and leverages its sophisticated development facilities â€” including drag-and-drop, bi-directional code generation, internationalization, and a multitude of layout managers.
- True bi-directional code generationÂAll changes made directly to the Java source code are reflected immediately in the graphical designer. And changes in the graphical designer are reflected immediately in the Java code.
- Real WYSIWYG designÂThe design view shows real GWT/HTML controls so all properties are reflected graphically.
- Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) supportÂGWT Designer can apply CSS to Design View, so you can see exactly how screens will look in the browser.
- Speeds up design processesÂ Using acceleration technology for fast bytecode modification, GWT Designer opens a design in a couple secondsÂ much faster than launching the application in the GWT Hosted Web Browser.
- Rich editing experienceÂGWT Designer supports all panel types with convenient and appropriate layout edit policies. AbsolutePanels provide “Matisse-like” widget snapping and alignment. Graphically layout grids, flextables and tabpanels.
- Wizards and buildersÂGWT Designer provides wizards for creating new PopupPanels, DialogBoxes and Composites. Wizards for creating new GWT projects and RemoteServices.
- GWT application launchingÂGWT Application launch configuration includes a launch shortcut for fast launching using popup menu or editor hot key.
- Intelligent refactoringÂRenaming or moving a module class or remote service updates the module XML file and renames any associated Async and Impl classes.
- InternationalizationÂExtract hard coded strings to resource bundles and automatically manage multiple locales.
- Easy build and deployment – One-click deployment tool automatically creates a project WAR file and uploads it to your server. An ANT script is generated for an easy, repeatable build process.
Posted by Dion Almaer at 10:20 am