Thursday, June 28th, 2007p>People are clamoring on the iPhone buzz to get developers using their products for iPhone development.
Aptana iPhone Support
Weâ€™ve released the first beta of our iPhone Development Plugin for the Aptana IDE. Since â€˜Web 2.0â€™ is the development model of choice for the iPhone, and that is what the Aptana IDE is all about, it made sense that weâ€™d support it in every way we could. For this first beta, here are the features we have (and some that are coming):
- Preview of your iPhone projects in horizontal or vertical mode
- iPhone Project contains starter files to get you going easily on your iPhones apps
- Several example apps that leverage the iPhone form factor
- Easy import of Ajax libraries into iPhone projects
- Integrated content assist for iPhone-specific APIs (coming soon)
- Help and online documentation (coming soon)
Scriptor will have iPhone support released by Friday.
No matter what you think about the “SDK” issues (I am sure you can get some Cocoa going in the future) it is amazing to see how fast these vendors have jumped in, and how fast developers have built applications. And, this is still before the phone is released.
Posted by Dion Almaer at 3:29 pm