New features include:
- Env.js/Shrinksafe based compression: A custom env to simulate the browser. As the browser encounters script tags, it adds them to a collection and then compresses them. This means instant file concat and compression from the command line with no extra work.
- Env.js Testing: Prior to 1.5, tests ran in the browser only. With Env, the same tests can be run from the command line. Great for projects where you need a quick way of checking if functionality works before check-in.
- Code Generators: Added code generators and made building custom ones easy too by using EJS.
- Scaffolding: Helps you develop iteratively by connecting to default Rest services and providing an easily expandable CRUD interface.
- Engines+Plugins: Added a command line plugin and dependency installer. So, if a developer wanted a jQuery plugin, he can install it from the command line, and it will also grab jQuery.
- Custom Event Delegation: Besides improving event delegation to cover all the cases that even live doesn’t do, they’ve expanded it to include custom events such as drag+drop, lasso, hoverenter, mousenter. Developers can have the benefits of event delegation with these complex events.
Posted by Rey Bango at 3:31 pm