Tuesday, December 19th, 2006
You have to hand it to the jQuery guys, they work really hard with their community.
There have been a few posts recently that relate to the jQuery world:
jQuery 1.0.4 Release
A new 1.0.4 release focused on updates to the Ajax functionality:
- Extensions to $.ajax()
- Add extra headers to an Ajax request using beforeSend
- Perform a synchronous Ajax request
- Aborting an Ajax request after a specific delay in time
- AJAX module: The public $.ajax API is now used internally
- New global Ajax handler: ajaxSend – called before an Ajax request is sent.
- Extensions to global Ajax handlers: ajaxSend, ajaxSuccess, ajaxError and ajaxComplete get XMLHttpRequest and settings passed as arguments.
- Extensions to event handling: pageX and pageY are available in all browsers now. (IE does not provide native pageX/Y).
- Improved docs: $(String) method has now two separate descriptions, one for selecting elements, one for creating html on-the-fly.
- FX module: Most inline styles added by animations are now removed when the animation is complete, eg. height style when animating height (exception: display styles).
The community is trying to help you understand jQuery.
Meet the team
John tries to get the names out, so you feel like the team is really part of the community. To promote this he just posted about the team behind jQuery.
Posted by Dion Almaer at 8:53 am