Friday, January 19th, 2007
Dmitry Koterov has written JsHttpRequest a light wrapper on top of XHR and friends that features:
- Cross-browser compatibility. Library works with IE5.0+, Mozilla 1.7+, FireFox 1.0+, Opera 7.3+, Safari (“+” means “in specified and newer versions”). By this token, code could work without ActiveX and XMLHttpRequest support (but if these capabilities are avalilable, they are used automatically).
- File uploads from user browser to the server without page reloading.
- Full support of PHP debug features. If server-side script fails on an error (including fatal error, e.g., call of undefined function), client-side script can handle it correctly and show diagnostics. Besides response data, it is passed the output flow of server-side script which contains PHP error messages.
- Multi-dimensional data structures exchange (
- PHP session support using usual way.
- Optimal data loading method choosing (XMLHttpRequest, Microsoft.XMLHTTP, <SCRIPT>, <IFRAME>) depending on current browser. In particular, ability to load data from foreign hosts.
- Interface is compatible with XMLHttpRequest.
Posted by Dion Almaer at 8:30 am