Wednesday, July 2nd, 2008
Ignacio Coloma has announced Loom 1.0 RC 1. Loom is an annotation-based java web framework that includes a ton of new features in this release. After some selective process, these are the bits that could be of most interest for Ajax developers:
- Generates HTML 5 markup (with data-* fields), including CSS classes
with the property type.
- Based on prototype
- An ever-growing list of (progressive-enhancement) web components,
including: multiple file upload, tabs, menus…
- <l :script resource="prototype"/>
- <l :script resource="scriptaculous">
- <l :param name="load" value="builder,effects"/>
This snippet of code would translate into this, if development is disabled:
Or this if not:
- <script src="/js/prototype-1.6.0/prototype-184.108.40.206-shrinkvars.js"
More details about the framework are at the reference guide. Ignacio would be grateful for any feedback!
Posted by Dion Almaer at 10:28 am