This is how it works:
- When a user makes a request to the site
- …the request is handled by a Google App Engine application
- …that puts the request into a request queue
- …a comet-client maintains a pseudo permanent connection to the App Engine app
- …looks into the request queue and starts to process the request
- …when it is finished it sends the response to the App Engine app
- …which immediately send the request back to the client that originated the request in the first place.
Now he just needs to wrap it in a screen saver, so your machine can be acting as a service endpoint while you are not using the cycles. Wow ;)
Run the client and become a server.
Posted by Dion Almaer at 5:56 am