Monday, January 9th, 2006
The date slider is a Flash visualization that Measure Map uses as one way to navigate the site. We are happy to provide a version of this date slider to the public.
What the slider does
the slider automatically moves to display the given date range. Then as the
user interacts with the date slider, three variables are sent from Flash to
- Raw Date Range: A range of dates in the following format (20050721T00:00:00-20050809T00:00:00)
- Clean Date Range: A range of dates in the following format (Thur. July 21-Tues.
- Total Count: A total count of the dates within the defined date range
- Bar color (bar_color): The color of the graph bars
- Box Color (box_color): The color of the box that stretches to follow
- Line Color (line_color): The color of the graph lines in the background
- Tracking Variable Name (variable_name): “Things” can become
- XML File Name (file_name): file name and location (could be URL to dynamic
- The XML file must be formatted in the same way as date_slider_data.xml
- The XML node value may change, however the ‘date’ node must be formatted
the same way
- The XML file must have exactly 120 nodes
What the Slider Uses
- Ladislav Zigo’s MovieClip Tweening Prototype classes
- All components are included in both bundles
- SWF version with the ability to customize the look & feel of the slider as well as the location and name of the XML file.
- Developers version which includes the FLA file.
Posted by Dion Almaer at 1:03 am