Monday, December 22nd, 2008
- Mimeparse.bestMatch(['application/xbel+xml', 'text/xml'], 'text/*;q=0.5,*/*; q=0.1');
Using it you can do things such as:
- parse_mime_type(): Parses a mime-type into its component parts.
- parse_media_range(): Media-ranges are mime-types with wild-cards and a ‘q’ quality parameter.
- quality(): Determines the quality (‘q’) of a mime-type when compared against a list of media-ranges.
- quality_parsed(): Just like quality() except the second parameter must be pre-parsed.
- fitness_and_quality_parsed(): Just like quality_parsed() but also returns the fitness score.
- best_match(): Choose the mime-type with the highest fitness score and quality (‘q’) from a list of candidates.
Posted by Dion Almaer at 5:18 am