Tuesday, November 20th, 2007p>In an ongoing exercise to become more familiar with MooTools and Canvas, Greg Houston has created an extension to MooTools called Mocha UI which provides a new UI class made with canvas tag graphics.
The new class provides the following set of features:
- No images. The windows, including their controls, gradients and shadows, are drawn with the canvas tag.
- Adjustable rounded corner radius.
- Windows can be focused, dragged, resized, maximized, restored down and closed.
- Dynamically create new windows on demand.
- Fullwindow window size is adjusted if the browser window size changes.
- Minimal HTML markup required.
- Tested in Firefox 2, Internet Explorer 6 & 7, Safari 2, and Opera 9.
Greg is also considering the following enhancements:
- Create custom canvas scrollbars.
- Add a modal window.
- Create more class options.
- Add minimize to windows.
- Add a sortable dock.
- Make shadows easier to adjust.
Posted by Rey Bango at 11:02 am