Tuesday, March 10th, 2009
MooTools Core developer Aaron Newton recently took on the task of coming up with a complementary library to the MooTools framework that would provide enhanced capabilities beyond what the standard JS MooTools core lib could, or should, provide. The results is a new project called MooTools More which aims to provide Moo developers with a set of official plugins which are well documented and supported by the team. Yesterday, the More team released their first beta which currently includes:
- Class extensions including a Binds mutator, easier refactoring, chain pausing and more.
- New Native extensions including more love for String and Array, plus a fully featured Date Native and a URI extension to make managing links downright fun.
- More Element love with help for managing text selection and relative positioning (put this box’s lower right corner next to the upper right corner of that other box…)
- Form love including a robust and extensible form validator and a class for displaying hint text over an input.
- Extended Request functionality including JSONP support and Queuing.
- Support for language localization for classes that output text (days of the month, months of the year, form validation errors, etc)
You can download the files here:
If you’d like to get involved in the project, the team has created an official wiki which outlines how to help and submit code changes.
Posted by Rey Bango at 11:59 am