Friday, July 17th, 2009p>Following up on the earlier coverage we are back with more info on 3D transforms. Simon Fraser has posted details on the WebKit blog.
He shows off a couple of cool examples:
The post goes into detail on the new CSS such as:
- translate3d(x, y, z), translateZ(z)
- scale3d(sx, sy, sz), scaleZ(sz)
- rotateX(angle), rotateY(angle), rotate3d(x, y, z, angle),
- -webkit-transform: perspective(500px) rotateY(20deg);
- -webkit-transform-origin now accepts three values, allowing you to specify a z offset for the transform origin.
Jay Sparks has also been playing with these properties as he built a 3D draggable cube.
Posted by Dion Almaer at 5:39 am