Monday, November 14th, 2005
The Mouseover DOM Inspector, or MODI for short, is a favelet (also known as a bookmarklet) that allows you to view and manipulate the DOM of a web page simply by mousing around the document.
After you select the bookmarklet, the page is in debug mode, allowing you to gather data in the document.
There are a number of commands that allow you to do things like:
- Clone the currently highlighted object and its children.
- Toggle object width from auto (fluid) to its original width.
- Toggle Freeze Mode. The favelet will remain active, but the Data Window will not follow the cursor. This is the default startup mode for the favelet.
- Hide the currently selected element.
- View and edit the HTML source of the current element.
Posted by Dion Almaer at 9:07 am