Thursday, December 29th, 2005
There are certainly a fair few bookmarking sites out there, but Thomas Rice wasn’t happy with them:
One of my main motivations for setting up the site was I needed somewhere to store my bookmarks online (as I use multiple PCs) and I didn’t like the interfaces of other sites – most are pretty slow, requiring you to reload the page when making a change or looking at different categories. So it’s really this ajaxian interface that I think sets the site apart.
If you want to check out a demo of the interface without signing up you can check out the demo page.
The Ajax features are:
- clicking a category header to edit it
- dragging categories to different positions
- dragging links to different categories
- locking/unlocking the page (stops dragging)
- changing category header colors via the drop down menu
- creating new links + categories (done without reloading page)
- minimizing/maximising categories
- changing privacy status of links
Posted by Dion Almaer at 8:36 am