Tuesday, November 27th, 2007
Ext 2.0’s design goal of making it easily extensible has been a rousing success. Witness the frenetic activity in the extensions and plugins forum. Now Steve Skrla from ControlPath has released a Grid Filter plugin that expands greatly on the basic filtering provided by Ext. From the feature list:
- Creating of custom filter types and menus is as easy as extending Ext.ux.grid.filter.Filter.
- Grid configuration information can be persisted across page loads by passing a stateId parameter.
- Packaged with filters for Strings, Numeric Ranges, Date Ranges, Lists (which can be backed by a Ext.data.Store), and Boolean
- Column menu based configuration menus.
- Filtered column feedback through a configurable class applied to column headers.
- Function as a PagingToolbar plug-in to reset the current page when there is a filter change.
- Fully event driven and configurable through the config parameter (in the spirit of Ext.Component)
This feature list doesn’t really do justice to how easy this plugin makes creating rich, powerful grids that can be filtered on the server side.
Posted by Dietrich Kappe at 12:25 pm