Monday, November 5th, 2007
SÃ©bastien Gruhier, author of the VERY cool Prototype Window class has started a new initiative to build a complimentary UI library for Prototype. Accompanied by Samuel Lebeau, Juriy Zaytsev and Vincent Le Moign, the team aims to build easy to implement UI components that will enhance the user experience in web applications.
At the beginning of the project, it was only a full rewrite of Prototype Window but it became quickly a UI library based on Prototype 1.6 and script.aculo.us 1.8 to include all my previous components like Prototype Carousel ….
The current version is still in early stages but already provides some nice components:
- shadowing system independent from window and skinnable
- div based
- resizable from all borders and corners
- custom buttons
- Dialogs (like it’s done in PWC) are not yet implemented but will be done soon
- carousel: only HTML content (no Ajax content)
- dock (experimental)
- shadow: a simple class to add shadow on any element with a absolute position.
Full details of the project can be found on SÃ©bastien’s blog.
Posted by Rey Bango at 10:06 am