Wednesday, October 11th, 2006
The web “Office” applications are here. At the Office 2.0 conference we saw two announcements in the office arena:
Google Docs and Spreadsheets
Catchy name aside, Google Docs now combines Writely and Spreadsheets in one. With it you can:
- Use our online editor to format documents, spell-check and more.
- Upload Word documents, OpenOffice, RTF, HTML or text.
- Download documents to your desktop as Word, PDF and more.
- View your documents’ revision history and roll back to any version.
- Invite others to share your documents by e-mail address.
- Edit documents online with whomever you choose.
- Publish documents online to the world, or to just who you choose.
- Post your documents to your blog.
Here we see the Google suite slowly getting together.
Zoho Virtual Office
Zoho has had a ton of services in the past. Now they have announced ZohoX, their virtual office suite, that brings them all together. The apps include Email, Calendars, Documents, Tasks, Notes, Contacts,Groups and a lot more.
Have you played with these? What do you like or not like?
Posted by Dion Almaer at 8:26 am