Friday, February 2nd, 2007
Qooxdoo 0.6.5 has been released with improvements in the core framework, theming, and server-side (now with Perl).
This released adds an Eclipse license that enables it to be the core of the new Eclipse Rich Ajax Platform (RAP) Project.
What is RAP?
The RAP project aims to enable developers to build rich, AJAX-enabled Web applications by using the Eclipse development model, plug-ins and a Java-only API.
- Enable the development of Rich Internet Applications that are based on
the Eclipse Plugin architecture. The Eclipse OSGi framework (Equinox)
can run inside of a Web application. This has been demonstrated by several
parties, and a subproject of the Equinox project has already been
established (see http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/incubator/server/)
- Enable AJAX UI development based on a Java component library with SWT api. For
enabling UI development based on a Java component library the project has
received an initial code contribution from Innoopract (W4Toolkit). NEW: Based on the
infrastructure provided by this code contributions we have implemented a first
version of a new widget toolkit with SWT api, called RWT. More info on RWT can be
framework for client side rendering: qooxdoo.
- Provide a Web Workbench similar to the Eclipse platform workbench:
- provides selection service (with session scope),
- provides extension points for action sets, workbench parts,
perspectives, preference pages, etc.,
- enables plug-ins to contribute to workbench parts provided by other
plug-ins (e.g. action contributions)
- NEW: A first implementation of a web workbench is in CVS
- Check out the RAP demo: RWT / Workbench demo
- RWT demo: RWT widget demo
- The RAP API will be aligned with the Eclipse platform API as much as possible
Posted by Dion Almaer at 8:21 am