Wednesday, March 12th, 2008
Aptana took over the RadRails open source project a few months back, and now have fully integrated it with Aptana Studio with the RadRails 1.0 release.
The new version has a slew of new and enhanced functionality such as:
- Rails 2.0 support
- JRuby support
- Bundled auto-installing gems for rails development
- A Ruby profiler for Pro users
- An RDoc preview view
- Extended RHTML/ERb color preferences
- Code completion for ActiveRecord model fields and finders
- Code completion suggesting method call arguments
- Significant expansion of code warnings and analysis, including syntax changes from Ruby 1.8 to 1.9
- An improved look and feel
Aptana continues to add new functionality to its products as it tries to hit the “best tools for Web development with scripting languages” vision.
Posted by Dion Almaer at 10:07 am